Category: Export Member Data
Allows you to export member information from your site's database.
How to export data
Members > Export Members. Be sure the Report Type is set to Download Data. Enter your search parameters and click Find Members at the bottom of the page. On the resulting page, create your report format or click Save & Download to export.
See Download Member Data for instructions on building reports.
When exporting member information, you can export all member by selecting no search parameters. However, if you want to limit the results, enter search criteria in the fields below before selecting to Find Members. The form fields are as follows:
- First Name
- Enter a person's first name here. You can enter a portion of the name, and the query will match only the letters you type at the beginning of the name.
- Last Name
- Enter a person's last name here. You can enter a portion of the name, and the query will match only the letters you type at the beginning of the name.
- The ID options lets you search for members that may not have been assigned an ID. Select "Blank" to use this filter.
- Member Type
- Use this drop-down menu field to search for either parents or players. If you choose "Parent," only parents that match the other selection criteria will be returned. If you choose "Player," only players will be returned. The default of "All" turns off filtering based on Member Type.
- Has Email
- This allows you to find members who have email addresses and those who do not. This could be useful for mailing out information to those members who don't yet have email and would thus miss email broadcasts. You could also do a mailing asking these people to send in their email addresses if they have them but are not in the system yet.
- Email Address
- You can use this field to search for a specific email address or part of an email address.
- Email Status
- This will allow you to find members who have opted out of email communications from your club, or those who have bad email addresses, resulting in a bounce notification on their profile.
- This field will allow member queries by home, work or cell phone numbers. The phone number does not have to be specifically formatted and members can be queried based on partial numbers as well. For example, if "1234" is entered in this field, the query will return all members who have that exact string of numbers in any of their phone records.
- Use this dropdown list to search for males or females or both (the default of "All").
- Born Between
- Use these fields to filter members by age. The field to the left is the oldest birthday and the one to the right is the youngest limit.
- In Grade
- This field is used to locate members whose school grade is between the numbers you enter here.
Note: Kindergarten is specified with a "0." For pre-k use "-1."
- Birth Certificate
- Use this field to select members that do or do not have a birth certificate on file.
- Player Rating Between
- If you have assigned skill ratings to players, you can use this option to search for a specific range of ratings.
- Use this field to find letters, words, or phrases within members' notes field as entered on the Member Information form. The text you type here can be found anywhere within the notes data, unlike the name fields above where text is only found at the beginning.
- Modified/Created Since, Last Edited Prior to
- This field can be used to do a search for member records that have been modified or created since the date you specify here, MM/DD/YYYY.
- In Zip Code(s)
- Use this field to query members in a particular zip code. If you are performing a query for multiple zip codes, each zip code must be separated with a comma.
- Registered/Not Registered in Program(s)
- This area lists the names of all online registration programs you have. You can use the list to specify members enrolled or not enrolled in one or more programs. To find enrolled members click the name of any program to highlight it. To specify more than one, hold down the Ctrl key while you click each one. To find members who are not registered in particular programs, the Not Registered in option while highlighting the programs of interest. You might want to use the "Not" registered search criteria for an email reminder to prospective members to go register.
In addition, you can also search for registrants who have either paid or not paid, have been waitlisted or not waitlisted in these programs. Use the check boxes below the list to specify which you'd like.
- This menu can be used to find members of various types based on their positions on teams. You can, for instance, choose to find members who are either coaches or managers by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking both "Coach" and "Manager." To select a single position, just click it without the Ctrl key.
The choice at the top of the list "Not Assigned" can be used to find members who haven't yet been assigned to a team. If you use this in conjunction with the Type field to find all players who haven't been assigned, you can generate a "work list" of members to assign to teams so no one falls through the cracks.
- Use the Teams fields (Season drop-down and team lists) to find members of various teams. The Season drop-down list specifies the team's season, and the list below it contains the teams themselves along with their parent leagues denoted by an asterisk (*); refer also to the Leagues topic.
You can choose multiple teams by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking individual team names. To select a range of teams, click the first team in the range, and then hold down the Shift key and click the last team in the range. All the teams in between will then be highlighted. Once you submit the Query form, all the members of the selected teams will be returned.